PATENT INFORMATION SEARCH SERVICES
1. PATENTABILITY/NOVELTY SEARCH
- For identification of relevant prior art
- For evaluating invention disclosures
- As basis for drafting stronger patent claims
2. CLEARANCE SEARCH/FREEDOM-TO-OPERATE SEARCH
- For determining whether your product violates existing IP rights
- For identifying the countries where particular IP rights apply
- For cost savings by avoiding “re-inventing the wheel”
- As basis for a sound business decision before launching a product on the market
- As motivation to undertake further R&D to improve the product and prevent an infringement
3. NAME SEARCH
- For locating specific information about published patent documents involving specific companies or individuals, as applicants, assignees, patentees or inventors.
- For determining what is covered by a specific patent number
- For identifying what patents a particular inventor has to his credit
4. TECHNOLOGY SEARCH
- For identifying companies (assignees) and/or inventors involved in a specific field of technology.
- For locating countries where a certain product or technology is being patented, so as to know where and whom to turn to for obtaining particular information in a given field of technology
5. EQUIVALENT SEARCH/PATENT FAMILY SEARCH
- For determining the equivalent Philippine patent of an application or a patent already granted in other IP Office.
- For locating countries in which a given patent application has been filed (if published);
- For identifying “patent family member” that is written in a desired language;
- For obtaining a list of prior art documents or “References Cited”;
- As basis in estimating the importance of an invention (by number of patent documents relating to the same invention and being published in different countries or by industrial property organizations).
For more information contact us:
IP Search and Documentation Division
2F Intellectual Property Center, #28 Upper McKinley Road
McKinley Hill Town Center, Fort Bonifacio
Taguig City 1634 Philippines
(632) 2386300 loc. 5502/5503